Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ganesha PHP Framework



Up to five years ago, when I started with Ruby, I was a PHP developer. In fact, I like PHP a lot and the main reason for not using it anymore is the fact, correctly stated by Rasmus Lerdorf, PHP's father, that all PHP frameworks sucks!

Whoever worked with Zend framework, for instance, as I did a lot in the past, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Bureaucracy, lots of code and configuration for just a small result... It has everything that we, Rails developers, learned to reject, to despise.

After Rasmus' claim, I started talking to a bunch of friends about the criteria to create a new PHP framework. One who doesn't suck.

In the beginning it was just talk, mainly because we were all too busy at that time. But now we decided to start working in this project seriously.

Then I'm inviting Ruby developers interested in taking part of this project to write me at edvaldoajunior@gmail.com

This development requires bilingual developers. One must know Ruby well and also know, at least, the basics of PHP. Some experience with MVC frameworks would be good, but you may learn while doing it happen.

This is not a job offer! We are looking for volunteers to take part in an open-source project. If you enjoy taking part in things like this, join us.